BSc (SRD) (King’s College London, UK), MSc (DIC) (Imperial College London, UK), PhD (CUHK, Hong Kong)
Dr Kris Lok is currently an Assistant Professor at School of Nursing, The University Hong Kong. She is also an Academy Fellow at the World Cancer Research Fund International, UK and an Ambassador at the World Cancer Research Fund, HK. Dr Kris Lok is a registered dietitian who has worked in academic institutions and hospitals both in Hong Kong and UK. Her current research interests include maternal and child health, specifically infant feeding. She has conducted a number of large randomized controlled trials of interventions to improve maternal and child health outcomes.
|Funding Scheme||Project Title||Approved Amount (HK$)|
|RGC Early Career Scheme (ECS)||Effectiveness of a home-based peer support program for Chinese mothers with low breastfeeding self-efficacy to increase the exclusivity and duration of breastfeeding: a randomized controlled trial||1,000,000|
|Start-up Fund, HKU||Impact of Fear and Childbirth Experience in Pregnancy and the Postpartum Period during the COVID-19 Pandemic – an International Survey||1,000,000|
|Health Care and Promotion Scheme (HCPS) Commissioned Project||Baby-friendly Community Initiative Program in Hong Kong||3,500,000|
|HKU-KCL Strategic Partnership Fund||Home-based breastfeeding peer counselling programme and research||100,000|
|Seed Fund for Basic Research, HKU||Validation and translation of the Whooley questions to identify perinatal depression in Chinese women||111,050|
|Health and Medical Research Fund||The effect of feeding methods on intestinal microbiota of healthy Chinese infants||1,089,052|
|Health and Medical Research Fund||Impact of breastfeeding on postpartum glucose regulation in women with recent gestational diabetes||871,835|
|Seed Fund for Basic Research for New Staff, HKU||Breast milk expression practices, breastfeeding self-efficacy and breastfeeding duration in Hong Kong mothers||150,000|
- Fan HS, Wong JY, Fong DY, Lok KY, Tarrant M. Association between early‐term birth and breastfeeding initiation, duration, and exclusivity: A systematic review. Birth. 2019 Mar;46(1):24-34. Available from: doi:10.1111/birt.12380
- Lok KY*, Bai DL, Chan NP, Wong JY, Tarrant M. The impact of immigration on the breastfeeding practices of Mainland Chinese immigrants in Hong Kong. Birth. 2018 Mar;45(1):94-102. Available from: doi:10.1111/birt.12314.
- Lok KY*, Bai DL, Tarrant M. Family members’ infant feeding preferences, maternal breastfeeding exposures and exclusive breastfeeding intentions. Midwifery. 2017 Oct;53:49-54. Available from: doi:10.1016/j.midw.2017.07.003
- Lok KY*, Chau PH, Fan HS, Chan KM, Chan BH, Fung GP, Tarrant M. Increase in weight in Low Birth weight and very low birth weight infants fed fortified breast milk versus formula milk: a retrospective cohort study. Nutrients. 2017 May 20;9(5):520. Available from: doi:10.3390/nu9050520
- Bai DL, Fong DY, Lok KY, Wong JY, Tarrant M. Practices, predictors and consequences of expressed breast-milk feeding in healthy full-term infants. Public health nutrition. 2017 Feb;20(3):492-503. Available from: doi:10.1017/S136898001600241X
- Tarrant M, Lok KY, Fong DY, Wu KM, Lee IL, Sham A, Lam C, Bai DL, Wong KL, Wong EM, Chan NP. Effect on baby-friendly hospital steps when hospitals implement a policy to pay for infant formula. Journal of human Lactation. 2016 May 1;32(2):238-49. Available from: doi:10.1177/0890334415599399
- Bai DL, Fong DY, Lok KY, Tarrant M. Relationship between the infant feeding preferences of Chinese mothers’ immediate social network and early breastfeeding cessation. Journal of human Lactation. 2016 May 1;32(2):301-8. Available from: doi:10.1177/0890334416630537
- Wong VW, Lok KY, Tarrant M. Interventions to increase the uptake of seasonal influenza vaccination among pregnant women: A systematic review. Vaccine. 2016 Jan 2;34(1):20-32. Available from: doi:10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.11.020
- Wong KL, Tarrant M, Lok KY. Group versus individual professional antenatal breastfeeding education for extending breastfeeding duration and exclusivity: a systematic review. Journal of Human Lactation. 2015 Aug 1;31(3):354-66. Available from: doi:10.1177/0890334415583294
- Tarrant M, Lok KY, Fong DY, Lee IL, Sham A, Lam C, Wu KM, Bai DL, Wong KL, Wong EM, Chan NP. Effect of a hospital policy of not accepting free infant formula on in-hospital formula supplementation rates and breast-feeding duration. Public health nutrition. 2015 Oct;18(14):2689-99. Available from: doi:10.1017/S1368980015000117
- Lok KY, Bai DL, Tarrant M. Predictors of breastfeeding initiation in Hong Kong and Mainland China born mothers. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2015 Dec 1;15(1):286. Available from: doi:10.1186/s12884-015-0719-5
- 2014 Awarded the International Fellowship World Cancer Research Fund International.